users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish kills business

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 10:46:28 -0500 (CDT)

[quote=wmartinez]

I had found that the console is a thing you should not touch much. It
trashes GF when I do a simple edit on the log config, and the solution is a
asadming call to restore the log configuration (a workaround). So, I suggest
to avoid the console and try to perform all the edits using CLI.

[/quote]

The issue regarding the saving log-level in the console is reported as
http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-17037 [1]

Unfortunately we were not able to get the fix in for 3.1.1.  This is release
noted and the workaround documented.
Workaround:
Fix the com.sun.enterprise.server.logging.GFFileHandler logger level using
the following command:
asadmin set-log-levels com.sun.enterprise.server.logging.GFFileHandler=ALL
Specify the --target option for a server instance other than the domain
administration server (DAS).
We strive to have a quality and user friendly console.   If you find any
problen  using it,   please go to http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH
[2] and file an issue.  We'll appreciate your effort on this.
thanks

Anissa.

[1] http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-17037
[2] http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH