users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish kills business

From: Anissa Lam <anissa.lam_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 08:36:38 -0700

> I had found that the console is a thing you should not touch much. It
> trashes GF when I do a simple edit on the log config, and the solution
> is a
> asadming call to restore the log configuration (a workaround). So,
> I suggest
> to avoid the console and try to perform all the edits using CLI.

The issue regarding the saving log-level in the console is reported as
http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-17037
Unfortunately we were not able to get the fix in for 3.1.1. This is
release noted and the workaround documented.

Workaround:
Fix the com.sun.enterprise.server.logging.GFFileHandler logger level
using the following command:
asadmin set-log-levels com.sun.enterprise.server.logging.GFFileHandler=ALL
Specify the --target option for a server instance other than the domain
administration server (DAS).

We strive to have a quality and user friendly console. If you find any
problen using it, please go to http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH
and file an issue. We'll appreciate your effort on this.

thanks
Anissa