users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish kills business

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 19:35:15 -0500 (CDT)

We have a machine that hosts for clients their web site on a glassfish
server.

the system serves about 70 virtual hosts most of them are non-java, we use
jFastCGI for php support what works great.

The problem is the glassfish itself.

either 2 or more times a day or every 2 days the glassfish stops and requires
restart.

meanwhile many of our clients are very upset and the intent to cancel their
subscription.

the Glassfish either complains "Can not set tcp delay to true" (what ever
this means)

or the Glassfish says something like heap memory out of space.

Please, I do not need answers like "Increase your memory!" I have already
assigned 2.8 GB for the heap

that should not only be enough, that's non-sense!

We have tried with Java6, Java7 Glassfish 3.1, 3.1.1, 3.2 b6 all the same.

A regular Apache 2.2.17 incl. SSL, PHP, WEBDAV etc. hosting 200 clients does
not consume more than 300 MB even under

full load.

How on earth can Glassfish considered for professional use? For WebHosting
companies the Glassfish is the blank ruin.

I am wondering what kind of support Oracle offers for the "Enterprise"
version.

Will they lend out a guy that sleeps in the NOC for restarting the Glassfish
service whenever it is down?

As well I am wondering how such problems are solved with JBoss or Tomcat?

any suggestions?

Thanks.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'seagate']