users@glassfish.java.net

Re: remote connection to JMS/MQ on Glassfish

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 10:31:44 -0500 (CDT)

What I said is that I am running 2 glassfish instances one on machine A and
one on machine B, because that was the only way to get JNDI working (at least
so it seemed). So ideally my configuration should be server A running GF and
server B only running JMS client. However, since I could not get JNDI working
(i.e. client on B could not connect to JNDI server on A even after setting
org.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialHost to the A's IP. So I started another GF instance
on B and configured JMS to be type remote, and set default host to A's IP.
After that I was able to get around JNDI issues, but started getting
connection refused issues on JMS.

So... if I somehow could either get client on B to connect without issues to
JNDI on A (and hopefully JMS too), that will be ideal. If not I can start
second GF instance on B and try connecting through B' GF (i.e. using JNDI on
B). But so far none of the two is working...

--
[Message sent by forum member 'nakoned']