users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish clustered LOCAL jms setup, ...

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 07:01:16 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for your response.

I created a new post
(http://www.java.net/forum/topic/glassfish/glassfish/create-jms-hostcan-not-createstart-jms-brokers)
as I felt I was perhap muddying this post a bit, asking several questions.

"It appears that you're trying to configure your GlassFish cluster to use a
cluster of "local" MQ brokers (i.e. each broker in a separate process)
running in "enhanced" (high data availability) mode."  -- This is correct.

I read the document you linked, and had read the bit about when to run the
steps, this caused me to change my order of steps to:
create domain
start domain
set configs.config.server-config.jms-service.type=LOCAL
create cluster
set configs.config.{clustername}-config.jms-service.type=LOCAL
create node ssh
configure-jms-cluster
create instance
create instance
I believe it is the configure-jms-cluister that should be between the
creation of the cluster and the addition of instances.
One thing I didnt notice was that even though I have defined the jms custer
to run as local and in an enhanced cluster the default JMS host is using a
host of localhost, which I believe is causing one of teh exceptions and is
inncorrect for a clustered set up??
I will attempt to recreate my domain and take not of the errors and repost.
Once again thank you for you help.

Gavin

--
[Message sent by forum member 'gavintranter']