users@glassfish.java.net

3.1.1 LDAP Realm chatty with RMI-IIOP standalone clients

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 06:58:50 -0500 (CDT)

 Greetings,

I'm currently developing a EJB application with rich client that connects via
RMI/IIOP.

When trying to migrate from certificate authentication to LDAP I discovered
that the LDAP Realm does not seem to cache or sessionize your login and seems
to visit the LDAP server each time you make an EJB call.

Is this by design? I was hoping the information would at least be cached for
a period of time. As it stands the application will not scale to a large
number of clients as it would flood the LDAP server with a large number of
requests.

Is there any settings that would switch on caching of authentication requests
for RMI-IIOP standalone EJB clients?

TIA

Chris.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'chris_hope']