users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish Update Center: does it support file-based pkg repositories?

From: Joe Di Pol <joe.dipol_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 13:44:30 -0700

Laird,

The currently shipping version of Update Center does not support file based
repositories. It is based on an older version of IPS and does not have this
capability (the maven plugin uses smoke and mirrors to make it look like
you are publishing directly to the filesystem).

At some point we would like to move to the latest IPS source base, but
we do not have a timeline for when this would occur.

Joe