users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish Update Center: does it support file-based pkg repositories?

From: Laird Nelson <ljnelson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 16:30:03 -0400

Looking to make my https://github.com/ljnelson/hibernate-ips project as
simple as possible.

Currently, to install the Update Center package that it produces, you need
to start up a pkg.depotd server, then add that server to the Update Center.
Once you do that, then anything that has been published to that depot
appears in the Update Center.

My hibernate-ips project uses the latest version of Kohsuke's
maven-makepkgs-plugin, which allows for "publishing" the IPS package to a
file based IPS repository (I set it by default to point at my project's
${project.build.directory}). Now I'd like to be able to point Update Center
at that directory location.

When I do, Update Center complains that the publisher URL is invalid. It
doesn't tell me why it's invalid. I can only suppose that it doesn't
recognize the file: protocol.

Best,
Laird