users@glassfish.java.net

Inconsistent naming of monitoring items in REST interface

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 05:55:48 -0500 (CDT)

Hi

We have a bunch of OSS Glassfish 3.x servers mostly running in clustered
setups and for some reason one (or possibly more) servers have different
names for certain items when accessing it through the REST monitoring
interface. For instance, on most servers we have
"/monitoring/domain/<instance-name>/jvm/garbage-collectors/PS%20MarkSweep"
while on others we have
"/monitoring/domain/<instance-name>/jvm/garbage-collectors/MarkSweepCompact".
Also in the JVM memory section we have "committednonheapsize-count" vs
"commitednonheapsize-count" (notice the difference in spelling). All servers
run the same OS and patches as well as java version so I'm a bit lost where
to start looking for the cause of this.

//Johan

--
[Message sent by forum member 'calcifer']