users@glassfish.java.net

Re: folder documentation

From: Paul Davies <paul.m.davies_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 10:59:30 -0700

Hi,

See Default Synchronization for Files and Directories
<http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E18930_01/html/821-2426/gkrdd.html#gksbo>.

This section contains the following description of the applibs and ext
subdirectories of domain-dir/lib

    The lib directory also contains the following subdirectories:

    applibs

        This directory contains application-specific Java class files or
        JAR archives and ZIP archives for use by applications that are
        deployed to the entire domain.

    ext

        This directory contains optional packages in JAR archives and
        ZIP archives for use by applications that are deployed to the
        entire domain. These archive files are loaded by using Java
        extension mechanism. For more information, see Optional Packages
        - An Overview
        <http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/extensions/extensions.html>.

        Note - Optional packages were formerly known as standard
        extensions or extensions.

    The lib directory and its subdirectories typically contain only a
    small number of files. Therefore, by default, a change to any file
    in these directories causes the DAS to resynchronize the file that
    changed.

Hope this helps,
-Paul Davies