users@glassfish.java.net

OSGi module deployment support in Embedded Glassfish 3.1.1 / 3.2 ?

From: Ingo Fischer <fredistdurstig_at_web.de>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 18:51:58 +0200

Hi *,

We are building a hybrid JEE/OSGi application running on Glassfish 3.1.
Currently we are using the full Glassfish for component/integration tests,
because Embedded Glassfish, at least version 3.1, does not come with Felix
and therefore does not support deploying OSGi modules.
(my colleague asked this related question some time ago:
 http://www.java.net/forum/topic/glassfish/glassfish/glassfish-31-embedded-osgi<http://www.java.net/forum/topic/glassfish/glassfish/glassfish-31-embedded-osgi>
 )
Since a full Glassfish must be available on the test system (which has to be
installed manually), I wonder if it will be possible soon to use an Embedded
Glassfish for testing hybrid JEE/OSGi applications, making the tests more
portable.

Are there plans to add Felix / OSGi module deployment support for Embedded
Glassfish soon, and which version would it be?
If not, is there a way to download the full Glassfish within the Maven
lifecycle in a clean Maven-ish way (without using embedded Ant tasks,
scripts or similar hacks)?

Thanks,
Ingo