users@glassfish.java.net

Troubleshooting Glassfish server

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 05:57:10 -0500 (CDT)

I have a Glassfish (3.0.1, on 64 bit Debian) server that suddenly doen't
seem to work; and I have no idea about where to begin with troubleshooting.

This is what has happened:

 It used to work flawlessly. Then I upgraded to the latest version of
NetBeans, which told me that I had to run 'enable-secure-admin', so I did.
It worked well enough after that, but I then installed upgrades and when I
restart the server, it seems to go well (no error messages), and netstat
indicates that there is a listener on port 4848, but when I point the browser
to it it fails with:

Data Transfer Interrupted
The connection to hag:4848 has terminated unexpectedly. Some data may have
been transferred.
The browser connected successfully, but the connection was interrupted while
transferring information.  Please try again.

I suppose I could reinstall, but I'd rather understand what is going wrong,
so I can avoid it in the future.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'janpla']