users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Null pointer exception when attempting to deploy simple JMS application(s)

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 05:59:17 PDT

Hi,

I sit at the same problem now for days... :(
I'm not familiar with EJBs and Glassfish and just tried the "simplemessage"-example from the JavaEE Tutorial. And end up in the same error as described.

Now I also tried to change the JMS type to LOCAL, but I get another error message.
The Server log says:

INFO: MQJMSRA_LB1101: Looking for Broker Running at:localhost:7676
INFO: Created HTTP listener http-listener-1 on port 8080
INFO: Created HTTP listener http-listener-2 on port 8181
INFO: Created HTTP listener admin-listener on port 4848
INFO: Created virtual server server
INFO: Created virtual server __asadmin
INFO: Virtual server server loaded system default web module
WARNUNG: [C4003]: Error occurred on connection creation [localhost:7676]. - cause: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
INFO: Mojarra 2.0.2 (FCS b10) für Kontext '' wird initialisiert.
INFO: Loading application __admingui at /
INFO: Loading __admingui Application done is 4343 ms
INFO: The Admin Console application is loaded.
INFO: MQJMSRA_RA1101: SJSMQ JMSRA Started:LOCAL
INFO: endpoint.determine.destinationtype
WARNUNG: Exception during endpoint activation for ra [ jmsra ], activationSpecClass [ com.sun.messaging.jms.ra.ActivationSpec ] : javax.resource.NotSupportedException: MQRA:EC:Invalid Destination-null
SCHWERWIEGEND: MDB00017: [SimpleMessageBean]: Exception in creating message-driven bean container: [java.lang.Exception]
SCHWERWIEGEND: java.lang.Exception

I checked the JMS service in the Glassfish ADmin Console and I can successfully ping the service. I also see the JMS Host "default_JMS_host" running under localhost:7676
Why do I get no connection to it when running the example?
And end up in the previous error again?
And how can it be that even the simpliest examples of the tutorial end up in errors...?
[Message sent by forum member 'hansbjoern']