users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Compiling JSP is slow on v3

From: Craig Ringer <craig_at_postnewspapers.com.au>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 09:06:52 +0800

On 9/09/2010 8:46 AM, glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:

> I'll need figure a way to not to hardcode the specific jars in the classpath, and of course do more testing before releasing the compiler. So far it is very encouraging.

It might also be worth looking into how many of those jars contain
indexes. Does running "jar i jarfilename.jar" on each jar change
performance? How much?

It's also worth looking at how many of them are sealed, and of those
that are not how many can be be sealed, so that javac doesn't have to
waste time scanning irrelevant classes in them. Assuming it's smart enough.

http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/extensions/spec.html#sealing

--
Craig Ringer