users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Compiling JSP is slow on v3

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 01:13:38 PDT

This looks promising.

So if I understand all this correctly, we've so far found two things that each contribute to the surprisingly slow startup of JSPs in v3:

1. The classpath for javac (after JSP compilation) contains lots (250) of unnecessary JARs.
2. The Security Manager is turned on by default in v3

When it comes to a [i]production[/i] installation, my guess is that the slow startup of JSPs is less of a problem, since there the JSPs are used over and over again, and the initial delay for compilation is ony an annoyance once.
[Message sent by forum member 'tmpsa']