users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Compiling JSP is slow on v3

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 13:36:16 PDT

> When it comes to a [i]production[/i] installation, my
> guess is that the slow startup of JSPs is less of a
> problem, since there the JSPs are used over and over
> again, and the initial delay for compilation is only
> an annoyance once.

Right. However, the compilation speed is more of an issue in application development, where slow turn around becomes a productivity issue.

Anyway, thanks for sticking with me in exploring this. I'd still appreciate your giving me a simplified test case for the JSP compiler. I may be able to use it to find other areas for improvements.
[Message sent by forum member 'kchung']