users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Oracle JDBC driver question

From: Steve Essery <Steve.Essery_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 11:55:30 +0000
The sm*.jar files are effectively Sun-branded/licensed versions of DataDirect's JDBC drivers.  The "limited" is simply the fact that those JDBC driver/database combinations have not been tested by Sun, as its impossible to test all combinations of driver/database without excessive delays to the QA/release process.  One thing to be aware of with the Oracle drivers is that they are not Java EE compliant out of the box, you will need to define a java system property oracle.jdbc.J2EE13Compliant=true to change the behaviour of the drivers (yes the naming of the property implies its for J2EE 1.3, but its needed for J2EE 1.4, Java EE 5 and 6 even in the latest 11g drivers).