users@glassfish.java.net

Can't update GlassFish v3 on Linux.

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 15:52:33 PST

Hi all,

I've just installed GlassFish v3 on my Ubuntu 8.04 box using the Java EE 6 SDK graphic installer. When I run the Update Tool desktop client to update the system and install new modules I'm getting the following error:

"Unable to contact valid package server
Encountered the following error(s):
Unable to contact any configured publishers. This is likely a network configuration problem."

so Update Tool is failing to contact all of the pre-configured update servers; the preferred one is:

release.glassfish.sun.com http://pkg.sun.com/glassfish/v3/release/

When I type this URL in Firefox I can navigate the site without problems, however it seems that Update Tool is not able to reach it. I also think that the error message is misleading, since I'm not behind a proxy and therefore there's nothing to configure in my network.

I have Windows XP installed in the same machine, where I managed to install GlassFish v3 and run the Update Tool with no problems.

Is there any known issue with Update Tool on Linux? I did not find anything relevant after some googling.

Alex
[Message sent by forum member 'ignacioalex' (alex_at_ignacioalex.com)]