users@glassfish.java.net

Re: why won't this webapp deploy?

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 19:37:01 -0800

On 02/17/10 06:02 PM, VI wrote:
> I removed <session-manager>
> element and all its subelements
>
> Result:
>
> I can redeploy with sessions preserved.

Great!

> However, on server restart the sessions are not restored (and I don't
> see them in the directory specified), if "Session File Name" in the
> GUI field is not empty.

There may be an issue with specifying a "Session File Name"
(under "Manager Properties") and a "Directory" (under "Store properties")
in the admin console, which are supposed to have instance-wide scope and
are supposed
to be inherited by all applications unless overridden by individual
sun-web.xml
descriptors. I'll investigate ...

> If "Session File Name" is empty, all works well.

Great!

> So, thanks for your patience and good work!!!

Thanks!

Jan