users@glassfish.java.net

Re: why won't this webapp deploy?

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 16:05:15 -0800

On 02/17/10 03:49 PM, glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> "- Sessions are automatically persisted to a container-determined file during
> a server restart if you are using the default persistence-type ("memory")."
>
> This is incorrect.

No, the statement I made is correct.

If you deploy abc.war, then any of abc's active sessions will be
persisted to
domains/domain1/generated/jsp/abc/abc_SESSIONS.ser file when the server
shuts down, and will be restored from this file (which will be deleted)
when the server restarts.

Which version of GF are you using?

See my previous reply about a problem on the current trunk,
which was fixed yesterday. But if you are using v3.0 FCS, then you
should not have any issues.

Jan