users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JEE6 EAR with two WARs

From: Glenn Holmer <gholmer_at_weycogroup.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 13:21:34 -0600

On Mon, 2010-02-15 at 14:02 -0500, Hong Zhang wrote:
> >I'm working on a JEE6 enterprise app, built with NetBeans. So far,
> >we've been building it with two subprojects: EJB and WAR. Now we want
> >to add a second war, which we successfully added to the enterprise
> >project. The EAR builds properly, and when we deploy it to GlassFish
> >V3, we see the EJB jar and two WARs in the destination directory on
> >GlassFish (...glassfish/domains/shadow/applications/phoenix-jee6). But
> >the new WAR file does not get expanded (i.e. it's not deployed).
> >
> >Is this supposed to happen? Should we deploy the second WAR separately?
> >expand it in place? Or are we doing something wrong?
> >

> Seems the war file might not be treated as a component module of the
> ear. Can you check if there is an application.xml in the ear and whether
> the newly added war is declared in the application.xml?

Oh! you are right! Our application.xml is generated by the build script
using Velocity. When we fixed it, everything was happy. Thanks!

Glenn Holmer                          gholmer_at_weycogroup.com
Software Engineer                        phone: 414-908-1809
Weyco Group, Inc.                          fax: 414-908-1601