users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problem logging into GF Admin Console

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 09:30:12 PST

Thanks for the help. The bad news is that after i turned on the GlassFish security manager, I get an error deploying the app even before getting to that failed permission check.

Exception starting filter AuthFilterJAAS
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

Caused by: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.lang.RuntimePermission getenv.FEDORA_HOME)

When the app starts, it looks for the FEDORA_HOME environment variable so that it can launch the server process, but I think the security manager is blocking that. If I turn off the security manager, the app loads, but I get the GF Admin Console problem.

If this problem is caused by the Configuration.setConfiguration, how do I get around it? Would I have to modify the fedora app to use a different JAAS config? Thanks!
[Message sent by forum member 'eliao' (the.eric.liao_at_gmail.com)]