users@glassfish.java.net

acceptor threads

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 08:23:00 PST

Running Glassfish v2.1.1

I just want to clarify something. From what I read the number of acceptor threads for a listener should be set to less than or equal to the number of CPU's of the server. This, I believe is somewhat different from previous versions of the appserver (SJSAS 8) where the number should be set higher... closer to the number of users. Is this correct?

So if our server has 2 CPU's, 4 cores per CPU with HT, totaling 16 logical cores.. then should all of our listeners each have acceptor threads set to 2 (for the number of CPU's) or 16 (for logical cores)??

Thanks
[Message sent by forum member 'black_lotus' (justin_at_insurfact.com)]