users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Java Web Start Client with -javaagent option

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 06:58:06 PST

So I have found a solution - kick off toplink and use eclipselink :) I've moved my app to eclipselink and the many to one lazy entites don't throw the exception any more...

But there is another problem. Now it works good on localhost (running client from netbeans or browser usin JWS). But runnig the client remotly from another computer has some problems. Entities with manytoone lazy are returned to server empty - all attributes are null. When I set the manytoone relation to eager, the returning object is correct...

When I set the static weaving, reading an entity with manytoone lazy fails on this ex:

Exception [EclipseLink-70] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.0.0.v20091127-r5931): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DescriptorException
Exception Description: A NullPointerException was thrown while extracting a value through the method [_persistence_getentity_vh] in the object [org.database.OtherEntity].
Internal Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
Mapping: org.eclipse.persistence.mappings.OneToOneMapping[entity]
Descriptor: RelationalDescriptor(org.database.OtherEntity --> [DatabaseTable(otherentity)])

Michael
[Message sent by forum member 'anaq' (anaque_at_gmail.com)]