users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Java Web Start Client with -javaagent option

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 12:47:19 PST

Hi, Michael.

Hmm. The built-in support should do the work for you; you should not need to specify -javaagent. If I understand correctly, that's needed only if you are launching a Java SE application that uses TopLink Essentials.

So, the bottom line is that you should not need to set the javaagent yourself in this case and the TLE weaving should just work. But what you're saying is that it's not.

Can you try this: Deploy the EAR using

asadmin deploy --retreive localdir (yourapp).ear

Then launch the client using

appclient -client localdir/(yourapp)Client.jar

(and add to the end of that command any arguments that your client expects).

If that works then we need to look at the GlassFish/Java Web Start environment. If that does not work then we need to understand why.

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (timothy.quinn_at_sun.com)]