users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Embedded glassfish in offline mode

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 22:51:46 PST

We have a similar issue using embedded Glassfish for Wonderland. I have included the .dtd files in my embedded filesystem (in install_dir/lib/dtds), and that solves the problem when the server is totally disconnected from the internet. But when the server is behind a proxy, it waits for a several-minute timeout before reading the local dtds and deploying the war file. So starting the server and deploying a few wars takes close to an hour!
[Message sent by forum member 'kaplanj' (jonathankap_at_gmail.com)]