users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How do logon or set principle/roles/groups when using Embedded API

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 22:16:34 PST

Just to confirm and make sure I understand and am on the same page:

1) The Embedded API and Embedded Glassfish really are two completely different animals (although perhaps aspects of Embedded Glassfish are used to implement the Embedded API), at least that was what I came away with (and if true, I tend to think they should make the documentation highlight that a little more than it does to avoid confusion).

2) While I was using the Embedded API, the solution you propose uses Embedded Glassfish. This is not an issue, just asking to confirm. I like the idea of using Embedded Glassfish, it feels more like a unit/integration test because it feels more "stand alone". I only started with the Embedded API because it seemed a lot simpler to setup and I did not see examples of using Embedded Glassfish to directly invoke EJB's for a unit/integration test like I did with the Embedded API.

Thank *so much* for the info. I'm hoping to try it out tonight.
[Message sent by forum member 'markkr2' (mark_at_the-kruegers.name)]