users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Master password AND administration console

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 15:34:29 PST

With the latest build (i.e. GlassFish trunk), I am not able to reproduce this. It works as expected.

Here is console interaction:
samskritam% asadmin change-master-password --savemasterpassword
Enter New_Master_Password password>
Enter New_Master_Password password again>
Command change-master-password executed successfully.
samskritam% asadmin start-domain
Waiting for DAS to start ...
Started domain: domain1
Domain location: /home/kedar/v3/src/trunk/target/glassfishv3/glassfish/domains/domain1
Log file: /home/kedar/v3/src/trunk/target/glassfishv3/glassfish/domains/domain1/logs/server.log
Admin port for the domain: 4848
Command start-domain executed successfully.

(Note that the password entered is something other than "changeit").

I also tried on final GF v3 build (build b74) and it works there as expected.

So, there is something in your environment that I don't understand :(

Regards,
Kedar
[Message sent by forum member 'km' (kedar.mhaswade_at_sun.com)]