users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Startup Problem - Port used

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 10:26:55 PST

Hi!

It appears I am seeing a similar problem on fedora 11. I just download glassfishv3 web profile and when I try starting the zip install version, I get the same error that port 4848 is being used by another process. Nothing seems to be running on port 4848. I also started
tomcat on this port to just check if there was something running that might be using the port. I also explicitly disabled iptables (firewall is disable). Log does not seem to show much information other than it is trying to start the server. Is there a way to enable more tracing ?

(the self extracting gui version just hangs when I click next after setting the admin password).

- TIA
[Message sent by forum member 'glassfish123' (nnagarajayya_at_transaxtions.com)]