users@glassfish.java.net

Re: glassfish DoS attack test - confirmed

From: Oleksiy Stashok <Oleksiy.Stashok_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2010 12:46:02 +0100

Hi,

you can decrease time GF waits for incoming connection data by setting
upload timeout setting in domain.xml like [1].
For sure after decreasing this value you can forget about "telneting"
to GF, but it should help with such kind of DoS attacks.

WBR,
Alexey.

[1]
       <network-config>
         <protocols>
           <protocol name="http-listener-1">
                <http max-connections="0" default-virtual-server="server" server-
name="" upload-timeout-enabled="true" connection-upload-timeout-
millis="1000">