users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish, Eclipse the plugin and hopefully an answer

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2010 04:45:59 PST

Okay, I realize that I am probably barking up the wrong tree, but I hope that somebody out there might know either the answer or the correct tree to bark up to.

Here goes: I have a jdk 1.6_11 installed, eclipse galileo and the glassfish/eclipse plugin. If I want to start the server from the IDE (I've added the server) the plugin tells me I have to use a 1.6 jdk, however that is the one I am using. I might be very much mistaken, but something tells me that I've missed something here. The domain starts perfectly using the glassfish user and all looks well from the direct side. I had to toggle some read/write authorisations for the group (users) in order for the server to be 'addable' on the eclipse side, has that something to do with this?

I am working on a Slackware 12.2 Linux distribution (latest jdk available from that distribution on that version is 1.6_11), the version of eclipse is 3.5.1R35X and the glassfish plugin version is 1.0.52 (Glassfish Java EE 5, Java EE 6)

Any help, hint or redirection would be very much appreciated.

Cor
[Message sent by forum member 'cpt' (glassfish_at_cpt1.demon.nl)]