users@glassfish.java.net

Re: what happens when an ear application is deployed/publish on glassfish v3

From: Hong Zhang <Hong.Zhang_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 09:22:29 -0500

Hi, shreyasd

>each time while publishing/deploying on glassfish v3
>
>in log each ejb (stateless bean in my case) is listed on log with its name.
>it is just information.
>
>INFO: Portable JNDI names for EJB GenerateInvoice :
>[java:global/Lotus/LotusEJB/GenerateInvoice!com.fds.bo.whm.GenerateInvoice,
>java:global/Lotus/LotusEJB/GenerateInvoice]
>WARNING: MNTG0201:Flashlight listener registration failed for listener class
>: com.sun.ejb.monitoring.stats.StatelessSessionBeanStatsProvider , will
>retry later
>

>but it takes too much time for deployment as i have many ejb's
>
>is there any fast method of deployment from eclipse where only changed files
>will be deployed etc?

No, we don't currently support partially refreshing the class files. Any
class file change will need a redeployment to make change in effect.

>there is a redeploy command in asadmin will it work?

Yes, there is a redeploy command (but it does not do the optimization
like you wished, it's a full redeployment). And you can use .reload as
suggested by Dominik's reply which is essentially a directory
redeployment of the application repository directory.

- Hong