users@glassfish.java.net

NullPointerException at com.sun.xml.wss.NonceManager.getInstance(NonceManager.java:170)

From: Farrukh Najmi <farrukh_at_wellfleetsoftware.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 21:18:15 -0500

Since I have moved my web app to Glassfish V3 Final(from V3 Prelude) I
am seeing the following exception on the first request secured by XWSS
to the server. Subsequent requests are OK.

I am using XWSS 3.0. When I try debugging it it appears that the
NonceManager.java source code does not seem to match the version loaded
by Glassfish V3 Final.
So I am suspecting conflicting versions of XWSS are being loaded.

Can any one tell me what could cause this and what to try to avoid it.

Note that I am using spring-ws (rather than jax-ws) with XWS 3.0 for
client to server communication and all was well with Glassfish V3 Prelude.

Here is teh exception trace:

    at com.sun.xml.wss.NonceManager.getInstance(NonceManager.java:170)
    at
com.sun.xml.wss.impl.misc.DefaultSecurityEnvironmentImpl.validateAndCacheNonce(DefaultSecurityEnvironmentImpl.java:1531)
    at
com.sun.xml.wss.impl.filter.AuthenticationTokenFilter.getUserNameTokenFromMessage(AuthenticationTokenFilter.java:326)
    at
com.sun.xml.wss.impl.filter.AuthenticationTokenFilter.processUserNameToken(AuthenticationTokenFilter.java:111)
    at
com.sun.xml.wss.impl.HarnessUtil.processWSSPolicy(HarnessUtil.java:108)
    at com.sun.xml.wss.impl.HarnessUtil.processDeep(HarnessUtil.java:272)
    at
com.sun.xml.wss.impl.SecurityRecipient.processMessagePolicy(SecurityRecipient.java:1027)
    at
com.sun.xml.wss.impl.SecurityRecipient.processMessagePolicy(SecurityRecipient.java:815)
    at
com.sun.xml.wss.impl.SecurityRecipient.validateMessage(SecurityRecipient.java:256)
    at
com.sun.xml.wss.impl.misc.XWSSProcessor2_0Impl.verifyInboundMessage(XWSSProcessor2_0Impl.java:152)
    ... 35 more

Thanks for your help.

--
Regards,