users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish V3 embedded and ScatteredArchive

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 13:26:11 PST

Hi,
I am trying to extend the embedded maven plugin to use the ScatteredArchive format so that the archive can be composed of different directories and jar dependencies within a standard maven web project structure - without the need to build a static war file or exploded war.

The problem is that although I am building the classpath programatically using code like
   archiveBuilder.addClassPath(jarUrl);
   archiveBuilder.addClassPath(outputDir);
   ..
   ScatteredArchive scatteredArchive = archiveBuilder.buildWar()
but when deployed using code like
    String appName = deployer.deploy(scatteredArchive, cmdParams);
the classpath that I have built using the scattered archive builder seems to be ignored (page resources like JSPs are OK). Am I missing a step like maybe configuring an ArchiveHandler?

Any Ideas?
[Message sent by forum member 'googly' (avinder.bahra_at_googlemail.com)]