users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish v3, mod_jk and sticky sessions on http & https

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 16:54:22 PST

Hello Jan,

I am having similar troubles too.I have set the cookieSecure="false" to circumvent this problem. appearently switching from http -> https it would keep the same cookie, but a secure version, when switching https -> http, it would then get a new cookie. (since the secure cookie is used once, i guess)

You mentioned:

> 2. Is your LB properly configured to forward any SSL related info to
> the backend, so that the backend can determine whether the original
> request (between the client and the LB) came in over http or https?

I was not able to get mod_jk working with ssl. How do we exactly configure the LB (apache + mod_jk) in this case, to forward SSL related info to the backend?

I have followed wiki.glassfish.java.net/attach/AdministrationGuide/SJSASEEAG.pdf (page 113 and 114) - but the apache would not allow https://site.com:443, but it would let http://site.com:443 -
I have done extensive log file watching and figured out that the workers are working ok, but the SSL info was not forwarded.

Best Regards,
-C.B.
[Message sent by forum member 'cambazz' (cambazz_at_gmail.com)]