users@glassfish.java.net

jruby.rackEnv JVM option is not working for me...

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 16:27:02 PST

Hi,

I'm running Redmine on Glassfish v3 and I'm trying to use two JVM options:

-Djruby.home=/path/to/jruby/home
-Djruby.rackEnv=production

The first one works, but the -Djruby.rackEnv=production property is ignored. The application always tries to start using the 'development' rails environment. Newer documentation suggests deploying with:

--property jruby.rackEnv=production

...but using a JVM option should have the same effect, right? Everything works fine if I export RAILS_ENV=production before starting Glassfish.

Any ideas?
[Message sent by forum member 'jptech' (ryan_at_jptech.ca)]