users@glassfish.java.net

Re: UserTransaction lookup failed.

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 01:40:28 PDT

hi,

Thanks for the further responses.

I am not actually using a UserTransaction within my bean. I am wanting container managed transactions.

I am trying to configure Hibernate with JBoss Cache for second level caching.

The documentation says:

[b]JTA Transactional Support[/b]

JBoss Cache requires integration with a JTA TransactionManager in order to
meet the requirements of the second level caching use case. This means
your Hibernate application must be configured to use JTA:

• You must configure a hibernate.transaction.manager_lookup_class.

• You must configure a hibernate.transaction.factory_class, specifying
a transaction factory that supports JTA. In practice, this means
org.hibernate.transaction.JTATransactionFactory if you are using JTA
directly, or org.hibernate.transaction.CMTTransactionFactory if you are
accessing Hibernate via a CMT session bean.

It is the JTATransactionFactory class which is looking up the UserTransaction, not my actual bean.

Chris
[Message sent by forum member 'milesy' (milesy)]