users@glassfish.java.net

No login page for admin console

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 12:12:45 PDT

Hello,

I just installed Glassfish Platform Edition 2.1 build 60 on OS X 10.4.

The install went smooth as far as I can tell (installed using latest 1.5 Java for OS X). However when I go to the admin console on http://localhost:4848/ I don't get a login screen but seem to be automatically logged in.

The user info line at the top left looks like this (note the missing user name):
User: Domain: domain1 Server: localhost

I've tried everything I can think of and everything I've found via Google to get the admin console to show the login screen but no luck. And if I click the Logout link, I am still logged in but the admin console menu on the left hand side freaks out a little bit and the user info line looks like this (but I can still do anything in the console):
User: Server:

I've tried running Glassfish in java 1.6 (soylatte 1.0.3) but that doesn't change anything.

I should also point out that I have other older versions of Glassfish (2.0 and an older 2.1 build) on my machine but they are in different directories and were not turned on when I installed this version.

On a somewhat related (or maybe not...) note, I'm also having problems getting basic http authentication to work with this Glassfish installation. Don't know if that is a related problem or not but basically basic auth of a servlet in a simple web app does nothing, all users are granted access regardless of whether they exist in the specified realm or not. But I should post about this in a separate thread.

Thanks in advance !

Hordur Thordarson
[Message sent by forum member 'hordurth' (hordurth)]