users@glassfish.java.net

Re: No login page for admin console

From: Anissa Lam <Anissa.Lam_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 07:36:01 -0700

Hi Hordur,

I thought you are using v3, because we have never heard about login
by-pass issue in v2. I looked back at your previous message, and you said
> On a somewhat related (or maybe not...) note, I'm also having problems
> getting basic http authentication to work with this Glassfish
> installation.
> Don't know if that is a related problem or not but basically basic
> auth of a servlet in a simple web app does nothing, all users are
> granted access regardless of whether they exist in the specified realm
> or not. But I should post about this in a separate thread.

This is probably related as admin console is also using Form
authentication based on admin-realm. You need to resolve that first,
and that should take care the console. Did you start another thread
for this ?

thanks
Anissa