users@glassfish.java.net

Re: v2.1 node-agent as a windows service (sometimes) fails to start on reboot with an "Address already in use" exception

From: John Stalker <jrs.developer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 15:51:01 -0400

Looking at the node agent logs on the rig, it doesn't appear that the node
agent is being multiple times. But I'll look closer at that.
The 1074 port is being chosen randomly for some RMI bootstrapping thing in
glassfish...not sure what. The other machines that have exhibited this
problem have a different port number mentioned. And even on the same
machine, that port will be different from reboot to reboot...when the issue
shows up that is. It has been rather sporadic.

Perhaps there's a way to configure RMIStubRegistryHandler to make use of a
statically configured port?

Thanks for your input!
John