users@glassfish.java.net

Re: v2.1 node-agent as a windows service (sometimes) fails to start on reboot with an "Address already in use" exception

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 12:08:07 PDT

The error message says that the port is already in use and so it almost certainly is.
Either your node-agent is being started multiple times and the second one is failing, or some other process/service is snaffling the port temporarily.

1074 is above 1023 so [b]could[/b] be handed out to someone else, such as an incoming connection, but AFAIK most O/S's don't allocate connection ports below some fairly high value [I have NO idea what Windows XP does here], so this is unlikely.

I have no idea how to track this down on Windows, sorry.
[Message sent by forum member 'matterbury' (matterbury)]