users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GF V3 configuration

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 14:09:46 PDT

Hi Hassan,

> How do you assign one 'Network Listener' to a
> specific server?
> Using the admin gui is confusing, since, for
> instance, it says 8081
> (http-listener-2) is enabled for 'server1' -- but
> nothing is listening
> on that port.

Sorry it wasn't obvious in doing this. We do have plan to improve the Grizzly configuration part in the console.

One question, did you change the listener port ? http-listener-2 should be port# 8181 and http-listener-2 is disabled out-of-box.
In the console, you click on the 'Network Listeners' tree node, and should see the table on the right frame (listeners.gif). Note that the last column indicates that http-listener-2 is disabled, which is the out-of-box setting. We will add additional button for enabling/disabling the listener in the next week or 2.
The virtual server need to be set on the corresponding protocol's HTTP tab.
So, you click on the protocol link, say 'http-listener-2', (yes, i know it is confusing to have the name of a protocol called http-listener, i have brought this up couple times, but nothing got changed).
Then you go to the HTTP tab and set the server. (http-tab.gif)

I agree this isn't intuitive and we plan to improve that.

thanks
Anissa.
[Message sent by forum member 'anilam' (anilam)]