users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GF V3 configuration

From: Hassan Schroeder <hassan.schroeder_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 15:11:22 -0700

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 2:09 PM, <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org> wrote:

> One question,  did you change the listener port ?   http-listener-2 should be port# 8181

D'oh! Yes, you're right, I looked at it so many times and still saw 8081
rather than 8181. attention-to-detail #fail.

> I agree this isn't  intuitive and we plan to improve that.

But yes, IMHO, the naming convention is a serious impediment to
understanding. (Tomcat's "Connector" and "Host" are so much more
obvious.)

And the Configuration part of the console would be easier to use if
the basics -- e.g. host/port stuff that *every* app needs -- could be
grouped together, with optional stuff like EJB/ORB/JMS separate.

Again, thanks for catching my silly mistake :-)

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder_at_gmail.com
twitter: @hassan