users@glassfish.java.net

GF V3 configuration

From: Hassan Schroeder <hassan.schroeder_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 13:29:47 -0700

I just learning my way around GF, and some of the terminology is
a little different than I'm used to, so...

Goal: 2 instances of the same app on one system, reachable via
          different ports (front-end-load-balanced via apache httpd)
          There is no need for any clustering/session sharing.

Do I need 2 instances of GF running? 1 instance with 2 domains?
1 domain with 2 virtual servers?

How do you assign one 'Network Listener' to a specific server?
Using the admin gui is confusing, since, for instance, it says 8081
(http-listener-2) is enabled for 'server1' -- but nothing is listening
on that port.

The relationship of these components isn't at all clear -- some kind
of diagram or explanation would be great.

Thanks for any suggestions,
--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder_at_gmail.com
twitter: @hassan