users@glassfish.java.net

GlassFish v3 / Java EE 6 schedule update

From: John Clingan <John.Clingan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 14:09:02 -0700

As some of you may have already heard, JSR 330 (Dependency Injection
for Java) will be incorporated into Java EE 6. Because of this, the
Java EE 6 specification schedule - and the release of GlassFish v3 -
will be modified to reflect this addition. On a positive note,
immediate alignment between JSR 330 and JSR 299 (Context and
Dependency Injection for Java, aka Web Beans) will only improve
developer experience with Java Enterprise Edition Platform. We expect
a relatively minor schedule impact to GlassFish v3, and will send out
more information after we've finalized some of the details.

In the meantime, feel free to download GlassFish v3 Preview, or for
the more ambitious, the GlassFish promoted builds, to get started with
GlassFish v3 and Java EE 6.