users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Commandline log rotation possible?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 05:22:48 PDT

Issue #8888 posted

Thx for the link. I have been on the same page yesterday and were logged in, but today there where some more links.

My soulution now is that I move the log-file to a file with timestamp before starting the server. The problem is (as I described in the issue) that the File is only accessible through programs which are keeping a "handle" to the file before the server does, which is not possible for a batch-file. Otherwise the file is blocked/not accessible.

Thank you for the answers anyway.
[Message sent by forum member 'karfau' (karfau)]