users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Commandline log rotation possible?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 15:54:53 PDT

https://glassfish.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectIssues

Caveat being that if you're not logged in, it does not show you the links to submit a request.

Could you just right a script to copy the logs with a time stamp and then clear the main server log? On an extremely busy server you may miss a couple of lines that way, so instead you could copy it, get the line count o the copy, and then remove that many lines from the original. Granted, I have not tested this out at all, nor do I run GF on Windows, but perhaps this will get you going in the right direction.

Regards,
Chris
[Message sent by forum member 'cdonaldson' (cdonaldson)]