users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish getting "Merged" with WebLogic?

From: Hassan Schroeder <hassan.schroeder_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 08:21:19 -0700

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 7:56 AM, Markus Karg<karg_at_quipsy.de> wrote:

> since the day when Oracle obtained Sun there was no official statement

Perhaps you do not understand that an acquisition is still pending,
not a "done deal" -- and at this point Sun and Oracle are still legally
independent, publicly traded US companies, with limits on what
employees of those companies can say about the future.

> an Oracle consultant told me in a private email today (what certainly was
> not an official statement, so we have to treat it as a rumour), then
> GlassFish currently is getting "merged" with WebLogic.

Like WebLogic was merged with iAS/OC4J? Right :-)

Perhaps examining the history of other Oracle-acquired products
would be more useful than idle speculation -- though certainly no
more conclusive.

FWIW,
--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder_at_gmail.com