users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Debugging Glassfish CPU usage

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 04:52:20 PDT

As an addendum, I did some further debugging to isolate glassfish with these results:

Bypassing ha-proxy as a load-balancer and directing traffic directly to glassfish does not reduce slowness.

Switching to a different database setup we had previously used without trouble does not reduce slowness. (We tried this because a little over 2 weeks ago we switch to a new database server and even though we hadn't had trouble with it in the last 2 weeks we wanted to confirm that it was not the issue).

We're on ec2 and the ec2 status panel is reporting norma behavior, so I'm not sure about any ways to confirm it isn't ec2 related.

This time I've attached the domain.xml from our currently problematic install; maybe there's something in there that matters that I was forgetting to mention.

Thanks for the help so far!
[Message sent by forum member 'rwillie6' (rwillie6)]