users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish cannot start due to quite common confusing error

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 23:52:41 PDT

Great thanks to Nitya and Anissa :)

@Anissa: What you proposed really helped although it's a bit too late. I decided to reinstall my Windows Vista and everything is fine now :) However, I will know another way to start the server and be able to see the server logs from there; therefore, more effectively ask for helps, next time I encounter this problem.

Anyway, I found that the problem seems to come from version conflicts. Firstly, java components like java ee, jre, jdk, netbeans and servers are included in serveral packs every now and there in a confusing and messy way. For some reasons, I installed some packs at different times and those packs actually contained some common things but at different versions! Secondly, since the latest time I was able to use glassfish perfectly, I have only been updating netbeans but nothing else!. So, the updates must be the cause of conflicts here.

Hopefully, the development teams of jdk, java ee, netbeans and glassfish can do something to avoid this issues in the future.

God bless all of us, java developers :D
[Message sent by forum member 'ericnguyen87' (ericnguyen87)]